Adherence to these procedures will ensure the best possible response and timeous resolution of your call.
Telephone calls must be logged with the Call Centre on 0100 150 150 between the hours of 08H00 and 17H00 on weekdays (public holidays excluded). after hour tickets can be logged by sending an email to email@example.com
We will require the following information from you in order to serve you as quickly as possible. Please make sure that you include these.
• Your company name and Physical Address of where the incident happened
• Your company telephone number and contact details of the person logging the incident
• The type of equipment and a brief description of the fault
• An purchase order will be required if the equipment or the nature of the service is not covered by a Maintenance Agreement
• The name and contact details of your contact person to whom we should provide feedback or make any follow up calls as may be necessary from time to time
• You will receive a ticket number when your request is reported to our Service Centre. This reference number will assist us during any further enquiry into the progress or status of your request for service
• A qualified technician may call you from our Service Centre to attempt to rectify the problem over the telephone or via remote access. Your assistance will be appreciated and may ensure that the fault is repaired almost immediately or alternatively that an engineer is dispatched with the necessary background knowledge of the fault
1) ADDITIONAL CHARGEABLE SERVICES & PARTS
a) DIRECTEL reserves the right to charge for call outs where It is found that the problem is not caused or related to the PBX/PABX equipment. This includes problems associated with:
i) The Local Area Network (LAN),
ii) Server or desktop hardware and operating system,
iii) Power and other environmental conditions,
iv) Operator/ agent error,
v) Telkom/Neotel or any 3rd party trunk provider.
2) FORCE MAJEURE
a) DIRECTEL shall not be responsible for non performance or defective or late performance of its obligations due to causes beyond its control. Causes include acts of God, war (including civil war), acts of government, fire, explosions, strikes, embargoes, unusually severe weather, delays in or losses in transportation delays of suppliers or subcontractors for like causes. If such an event delays the delivery of any of the services to be provided by DIRECTEL, the delivery dates stated herein shall be extended for a period equal to the time lost by reason of such delay. In no event shall DIRECTEL have any liability for consequential damage.
In addition to any exclusions set out in any Schedules to this Agreement, services to be provided in terms of this Agreement do not include the provision of services, nor repairs or replacements necessitated by or related to:
a) damage caused by accident, fire, water, lighting or other act of God;
b) damage caused by riots, civil disorder, acts of violence, sabotage or similar acts;
c) damage caused by abnormal operating conditions such as high or low temperatures or humidity or dust levels which are beyond the published environmental specifications of the manufacturer of the Products as provided by DIRECTEL
d) the connection of ancillary equipment, not supplied by DIRECTEL, or not approved by the manufacturer of the Products;
e) the negligent use, abuse or misuse of Products;
f) damage during any transportation of Products not carried out by DIRECTEL;
g) electrical work, not performed by DIRECTEL;
h) causes external to the Equipment such as failure or fluctuation of electrical power;
i) Products that have become unserviceable or obsolete;
j) the relocation of Products;
k) modification, repairs or replacements or attempted modifications, repairs or replacements not performed by DIRECTEL or not approved by DIRECTEL in writing prior to such modifications, repairs or replacements being performed or attempted by another party, including Customer;
l) the refurbishment of any Product;
m) the restoration of lost data from any Product, or equipment connected to Products;
n) the provision of any accessories or consumables;
o) any changes or modifications to Products which are required as a consequence of any technical or regulatory changes introduced by the appropriate regulatory authorities.
THE CUSTOMER agrees to provide DIRECTEL with remote access to all of its equipment or hardware to allow for the remote diagnosis of faults.